These are some of the most common questions and answers about the Institute. If you have further queries, please contact us.
Currently the registration is open for Associate Members and Fellow Members only.
To become an Associate Member of CA Maldives, the individual shall be a member in good standing of an IFAC member body recognized by the Institute in addition to meeting the general eligibility criteria.
To be a Fellow Member of CA Maldives, the Individual shall be a member in good standing of an IFAC member body recognized by the Institute in addition to meeting the general eligibility criteria and has worked in public practice or, in commerce industry, or as a lecturer at an institution of higher education or, as an accountant in business for a period of at lease five years.
List of IFAC member bodies recognized by the Institute will be available in download section of the website.
To be eligible for both Associate and Fellow Member of CA Maldives, the individual should meet the following:
- 1. Has attained the age of 18 years
- 2. Is of sound mind
- 3. Has not been declared bankrupt by a court or law in the Republic of Maldives or any other Jurisdiction
- 4. Where an individua has a decreed debt, the individual has been making regular payments to discharge the debt as per the judgement
- 5. If an individual was convicted of a criminal offence, two years have elapsed from enforcement of judgement or the date on which clemency was granted for the offence
CA Maldives has now opened the registration for Membership.
You can register through the register link in the website of CA Maldives.
Step 1: Sign up to our website through the registration link
Step 2: Create a profile, review and confirm your information and documents uploaded in the portal
Step 3: Apply to membership via the portal at CA Maldives website
For more information, check our Guidance for Membership Application below.
Each member must pay:
*Admission Fee: MVR 2500/-
*Annual Subscription Fee: MVR 2500/-
Due to Covid-19 the Council has decided to waive the admission fee of members for the year 2021.
To apply for Audit Licence, the applicant has to be a member of CA Maldives.
11. What will happen to the existing Licenced Auditors under previous Licencing Regulation (2020/R-23)?
Audit Licence issued by AGO under Audit Licencing Regulation (2020/R-23) will be valid until 7th March 2021.
As a transitional arrangement, CA Maldives will issue Audit Licence to foreign nationals who had been issued an Audit Licence under AGO Audit Licence Regulation. These Licences can be extended up to 31st December 2021